Nightfall and Halloween

15 October 2011

Yesterday it was my turn on the American Crafts blog to show a layout and a card made with the Nightfall collection. It is such a beautiful line and really versatile. At first I didn't want to make anything Halloween related as it isn't really such a big festival here in Belgium though it is starting to become part of our festivities. It's just not like in the USA or other countries. In the end I made a fall layout and can you believe it, a Halloween card. I felt so inspired by one of the stickers with a spider and its web that I decided to replicate it using some thread. Funny but I really love that card. The layout was a lot easier. I really wanted to use different patterned papers and I wanted to change from 12*12. So I chose to use strips and a 8.5*11 format. Wasn't sure at first when I had finished as it so different from what I usually do (clusters and white space) but I really think the photo pops out and the colours go so well with it. All in all I am pleased how it turned out. What do you think?
Hier, j'avais une page et une carte sur le blog de American Crafts. Je devais utiliser la collection Nightfall que je trouve particulièrement jolie. Je ne voulais pas faire de projet sur Halloween mais j'ai été inspirée par un des autocollants avec une araignée que j'ai quand même fais une carte pour Halloween et je l'aime beaucoup!! 
La page était plus facile à réaliser car je voulais utiliser plusieurs papiers donc j'ai opté pour des bandes. Je n'étais pas très sure une fois terminer car ce n'est pas vraiment mon style (vide et clustering) mais je trouve que c'était la page à faire pour cette photo! Vous en pensez quoi?
Title: Autumn Bliss
Midnight moon paper (35511) – Nightfall, Night Watch paper (35508) – Nightfall , Autumn Night Paper (35512) – Nightfall, Autumn Harvest paper (35523) – Nightfall, Night Light /35517) – Nightfall, Autumn Gathering (35524) – Nightfall, Thanks metal embellishments (70072) – Flair, Scarecrow dimensional stickers (42207) – Remarks, Basic Chalk labels (42208) – Remarks, Autumn stickers (42205) – Remarks books, Maple Pineapple (53221) – Thickers. 


Title: Happy Halloween
Autumn evening paper (35521) – Nightfall, Autumn night paper (35512) – Nightfall, Autumn Gathering paper (35524) – Nightfall, Halloween stickers (42204) – Remarks books, Jack-O-Latern stickers (42206) – Remarks,


7 comments :

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful layout Lilith! We don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa either - a few shops try to bring stuff in but it's not an occasion here at all & I don't get the appeal to be honest!

maryse said...

je suis impressionnée par ton imagination créatrice!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

J'adore ta page et puis tes cartes sont vraiment trop trop belles! Ils sont beaux ces papiers!!!!!

sollie said...

Looks awesome! Love your creations.
xxx, isolde

Kimberly said...

Awesome card!!! I love the window! xo, Kimberly:)

Gina said...

that's such a cute card! :) Gx

Pam said...

These were awesome projects. That layout is different from your usual style, but I adore it! I also really really love the card...that little spider is so clever;)

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs